Football is one of the most practiced sports in the whole world; children, adults and even elderly people can play as long as it adapts to the demands and needs of each type of profile.
Its practice is not only an entertaining activity, such as getting Barcelona football tickets, but also brings numerous health benefits at the psychological, cardiovascular and muscular levels.
Mental development: Every sporting action that the player selects, whether correct or wrong, gives the player feedback that allows him to acquire a perceptive experience. This experience will be the one that, in more advanced levels and in more complicated situations, will allow the player to choose the appropriate technical-tactical actions for each specific situation.
Values in sports habits: The practice of football generates a series of values common to the majority of sports such as these: The spirit of sacrifice and overcoming, self-esteem, acceptance of challenges, self-efficacy, socialization and the ability to work in a team.
Many of these values can then be applied to other areas of life such as work, family, personal projects, etc.
Some experts in social behaviour affirm that the practice of football distances children from temptations so common in those ages, such as drugs, violence and alcohol.
- Increased muscle power.
- It increases reaction speed as well as motor coordination at muscular level.
- It increases the level of bone density at the level of femur and tibia.
- Improves the motor skills in which the legs are involved (jumps, running etc.).
- It tones the musculature, especially that of the lower body and the abdominal area, thanks to the increase in testosterone levels that it generates.
- Improves muscle vascularization.
- Playing football regularly reduces the fat percentage and increases the body mass index.
- The cardiovascular benefits of football are the same as those of aerobic physical activities.
- Aerobic exercise increases the size of the heart and improves its function. Each beat sends more blood to the muscles that are requested.
- Aerobic exercise lowers blood pressure.
- It makes it possible to increase the oxygen diffusion surface from the lungs to the blood.
- It increases the level of endurance in aerobic and anaerobic races.
- It decreases the probability of suffering cardiovascular diseases such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc.
In addition to all these benefits, football is an appropriate sport for people with intellectual disabilities because:
- It involves all participants and amuses them.
- Its practice and rules are simple and its teaching easy.
- It improves quickly.
- It helps to improve physical condition.
All these are just a few of the many benefits of playing football, but not everything is rosy; the very areas that benefit from this sport can be damaged by stressful practice or poorly controlled levels of competition. football is one of the most practiced sports in the world; children, adults and even the elderly can play as long as it adapts to the demands and needs of each type of profile.
Its practice is not only an entertaining activity, but also provides numerous health benefits at the psychological, cardiovascular and muscular levels.