Physical activity and sport help us have a good time, make us feel better and, above all, have a positive effect on our body weight and health. However, we must choose the activity that is most convenient for us, that meets our expectations, needs and availability.
It’s no secret that playing sports helps you stay healthy and fit, but it also has other advantages such as improved self-esteem, flexibility, strength and rest. And you also need to buy great clothes, as you can find at kiopromotional and other specialised websites.
Why should you practise sport?
1. Protect your health. Playing sports lowers your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol levels and some cancers. Remember that the ideal time to practice it is thirty minutes per day with a frequency of three or more times per week.
2. Thinner body. You’ll find it easier to lose weight and maintain it if you play sports regularly. Physical activity is the key to a healthy weight.
3. Stronger muscles. Strenuous activities, such as lifting weights or using machines at least twice a week, help with muscle development.
4. Improves mood. The happiness hormone called “endorphin” is released during physical activity, which influences our mood.
5. Decreases stress and improves sleep. It allows for greater relaxation and less nervous tension, which helps you sleep better.
6. Protection against possible injuries. Having more muscle mass and bone density makes you less likely to be injured by falls, bumps, etc.
7. Feeling of youth. With more energy, vitality and control over movements and actions in general you have a permanent sense of vitality and therefore of youth.
Physical activity and health benefits
Physical activity not only has the potential to add years to life, it can “add life to years”. In this way, regular physical activity is not only related to lower mortality, but also to better living conditions.
Observational studies point to a health benefit and a reduction in mortality with the practice of 15 minutes daily of moderate-intensity physical activity. Moderate physical activity for 30 minutes can increase overall well-being and reduce the risk of various diseases, including type 2 diabetes, overweight and obesity. If the duration and intensity are greater, additional beneficial effects can be obtained.
Similarly, physical activity has shown its beneficial effects in people with cardiovascular diseases and in the primary and secondary prevention of them. This effect is mediated, at least in part, by the improvement of some of the cardiovascular risk factors, such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
In some cancers, regular physical activity has been shown to have a protective effect by significantly decreasing risk, as in the case of colorectal and breast cancer.
The relationship of mental health to physical activity has also been observed in a variety of studies. Exercise can reduce depression and its recurrence, reduce anxiety and improve stress response. In addition, physical activity is related to the improvement of some aspects of mental functioning, such as memory.